The benefits of honeycomb....besides being DELICIOUS
1) Raw honeycomb is jam-packed with vitamins, enzymes, pollen, and antioxidants. Giving your immune system a boost and giving your body other nutrients is an exciting benefit of eating honeycomb. Natural vitamins and minerals in raw honey include: calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and more.Raw honey also contains Vitamins C, B6 and B12, A, E, and D.
2) The antioxidants in honeycomb can support heart health Because raw honey is a rich source of phenols and other antioxidant compounds, it is linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. Antioxidants also help protect your body from cell damage due to free radicals.
3) Raw honeycomb benefits glucose metabolism. According to a study published in the Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, raw honeycomb may help normalize liver function and improve symptoms of fatty liver disease.
4) Raw honeycomb assists in protecting the liver. According to a study published in the Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, this is done by helping to normalize liver function and improve symptoms of fatty liver
5) Raw honeycomb is a sweet, unaltered, and unprocessed alternative to other sweeteners. Raw honey from the honeycomb is an effective and delicious alternative to refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
6) Raw honeycomb helps to treat a cough or sore throat.Raw honey is often viewed as a natural cure for a cough and/or cold. It is believed that the thick consistency forms a protective film in our throats. Studies have also shown that chewing honeycomb helps clear the airway passages in the esophagus. By doing this, the antibacterial benefits of honeycomb clean the airway passages, which is great for treating colds!
7) Raw honeycomb is a natural immune booster. Consuming this sweet snack can help give your immune system a boost. Honey in its purest and most raw form has the ability to support your immune system. This comes from flower nectar containing phytochemical and plant polyphenols. In addition to this, there are probiotics in the royal jelly produced in the beehive.
8) You can naturally boost your energy with raw honeycomb. Due to the vitamins, minerals, and natural sugars found in raw honeycomb, this gives you a completely natural boost of energy. Raw honey has a high carbohydrate content, which is a great source of natural energy--especially prior to exercising! Numerous athletes are aware of the effect honey has on enhancing performance. This is caused by the pollens, vitamins, proteins, and natural sugars that are only found in raw honeycomb that provide the best balance simple carbohydrates for energy.
9) Raw honeycomb promotes better sleep! Raw honeycomb promotes this with the proper balance of sugars for your liver and helps to produce the hormones necessary for achieving better sleep. Similarly to sugar, it causes a rise in insulin and triggers serotonin, the hormone for improving one's mood.
Eating honeycomb in its rawest form offers us an extensive range of surprising benefits. The sweet nectar has been a long-valued product as a natural sweetener, natural remedy cure, and more. There is plenty of scientific evidence that supports these beneficial claims. Next time you are craving a sweet snack, reach for this on-the-go honeycomb and take full advantage of the great benefits that it brings to your body!